5 Things We Know About Magecart/Credit Card Skimming Attacks
- Hard to detect: They affect both first party and third-party code. These attacks employ sophisticated obfuscation techniques to evade most malicious blocking solutions, making their detection challenging. In several high-profile breaches, Magecart was active on the site for up to 5 months before being detected.
- Continuously evolving threat: They continue to evolve in sophistication and reach. And like ever evolving malware, Magecart code continues to evolve to evade web application firewall detection, CSPs and on-page blocking.
- Expensive to remediate: They are costly to address. When you add up the regulatory fines, lost revenue, drop in stock price/shareholder value, digital forensics and breach management costs, personnel changes, and other costs, a Magecart breach can cost a company $150 million and more.
- Harmful to your business: They damage your brand, your reputation and your financial health. Beyond the headlines and the loss of customer confidence, Magecart breaches are a violation of your trusted relationship with your customers. They are a violation of YOU.
- Preventable: Magecart breaches are preventable.
What Clients Are Saying
Get a FREE Digital Risk Scan
Discover what third-party code executes on your customers:
Find out your risk for customer theft, data leakage, latency, and customer abandonment.
Free scan available for your business only (you must provide your enterprise email) and businesses with more than 500 employees.
Drive monetization efforts.
Boost inventory value by controlling the end-to-end advertising experience, from ad tags and creative to landing pages.
- Ensure tagless, header bidding and EBDA environments are violation free
- Mitigate click fraud, bot traffic, data leakage, and unauthorized audience data collection
- Comply with industry standards and regulations for:
- Quality (IAB New Standard Ad Unit Portfolio, Coalition for Better Ads, etc.)
- Data privacy (GDPR, COPPA, HIPAA, and more)
- Security (TAG Certified Against Malware, Payment Card Industry/ PCI DSS, etc.)