Protect users and deliver high-quality ad experiences
As malvertising, scams, and controversial and offensive ad content proliferate across the digital media ecosystem, publishers need advanced controls to both shield audiences from malware attacks and ensure quality site experience. Media Filter, the market’s fastest and most comprehensive real-time ad quality tool, empowers publisher Ad/Revenue Operations teams to block a wide range of malware, high-risk ad platforms, heavy ads, and ads with sensitive or objectionable content.
Precision blocking secures revenue
Unlike other “bad-ad blockers” with a blunt approach that nets too much benign creative, Media Filter is surgical in preventing unwanted ads from hitting your audiences. Malware blocklists—including scam and deceptive advertising—are 100% original-sourced and continuously updated by the tireless team of analysts on The Media Trust’s malware desk. Ad content in sensitive categories is verified by proprietary Ad Categorization technology that employs hybrid AI-human analysis for superior accuracy. In addition, you can block specific creatives that have appeared on your properties using the Ad Sentry creative gallery.
Customize to fit your revenue strategy
Media Filter’s intuitive interface literally makes real-time ad quality as easy as flipping a switch. Turn on and off blocklists with one touch, and easily shift from notify to block. Upload custom domain lists such as competitors, then append and edit within the UI. Use The Media Trust’s default ad-replacement technology or enter your own custom replacement code. Configure ad-quality settings on a property-by-property or group basis, then test the site impact in our simulator.
The ultimate real-time ad quality solution
- 1st-party malware data set tracking backdoors, phishing, online scams, e-skimmers, and more.
- 40+ Sensitive Categories based on AI analysis verified by human eyes
- High-Risk Ad Platforms evaluated by extensive team of experienced malware analysts
- Easily turn on and off Malware, Sensitive Categories, and Experience blocklists, with toggles to switch between notify and block
- Clean, straightforward dashboard for granular reporting
- Block specific unwanted ads with a single click in the Ad Sentry creative gallery
- Client-specific blocking and/or notifying script parameters—i.e., competitors, poorly performing domains, etc.
- Bespoke configurations by domain or domain groups
- Add Redirect Deterrent sandboxing tool to freeze redirect code while monetizing impressions
FAST and FLEXIBLE
- Script executes in ∼50 milliseconds, adding no extra latency to page loads or affecting Core Web Vitals
- Blocklists continually updated and optimized for performance and speed
- Compatible with all major ad servers for both on-page and creative wrapper integrations
How it works
Supported by our industry-leading, continuous monitoring of the digital advertising
ecosystem and 24/7/365 operations team, our Media Filter:
Analyzes all executing code during page load on a user device
Blocks or notifies on malware, sensitive ad content, or other policy-violating execution
If ad is blocked, demand source is recalled; custom replacement code can also be added