Third-party code dominates digital,
Digital Third-party Vendors
Today’s website and/or mobile app experience is powered by third-party vendors that operate outside the purview of in-house teams. On average, 50-90% of client-side executing code on websites is from third parties. This code is often used by bad actors to steal visitor information (personal, financial, device, etc.), redirect visitors to other competitor sites, takeover devices, and much more. As evidenced by continued breaches, you can’t manage and protect something that you can’t see.
Industry Benchmark Findings
Continuous, client-side monitoring of the end user experience on leading industry websites reveals:
- 91% average amount of third-party code across the benchmark
- 7,985 is the longest cookie lifespan detected; found on Banking, Healthcare, Hospitality, Media - EU and Media - US
- ~12% domains change every month, trending higher than April
- 32% of cookies persist for more than 12 months, on average
- 4.25 seconds (average) aggregate page load time, trending up
- 2-3% domains present risks to users
Third-party Digital Risks Defined
Failure to identify and manage third-party digital code on your websites/mobile apps opens the door to malware, site performance issues and data leakage. These risks lead to lost revenue, regulatory violations and extensive brand damage.
Get a FREE Digital Risk Assessment
# of Third-Party
# of Active
# number of
Free scan available for your business only (you must provide your enterprise email) and businesses with more than 500 employees.