Third-party code dominates digital,
Digital Third-party Vendors
Today’s website and/or mobile app experience is powered by third-party vendors that operate outside the purview of in-house teams. On average, 50-90% of client-side executing code on websites is from third parties. This code is often used by bad actors to steal visitor information (personal, financial, device, etc.), redirect visitors to other competitor sites, takeover devices, and much more. As evidenced by continued breaches, you can’t manage and protect something that you can’t see.
Industry Benchmark Findings
Continuous, client-side monitoring of the end user experience on leading industry websites reveals:
- 91% average amount of third-party code across the industries
- ~10% of domains change every month, but varies wildly across the verticals
- 7,985 years is longest cookie lifespan detected; found on Banking, Healthcare, and Media
- 35% of cookies persist for more than 12 months, on average
- 4.12 second average aggregate page load time; Media is the largest at 7.54 seconds
- 6% of Media domains present risks to website visitors and require investigation
Third-party Digital Risks Defined
Failure to identify and manage third-party digital code on your websites/mobile apps opens the door to malware, site performance issues and data leakage. These risks lead to lost revenue, regulatory violations and extensive brand damage.