Power digital experiences. Secure the threats you don’t see.
65-95% of the code on a typical consumer-facing website is developed by third-parties. How can brands make sure third-party code isn’t damaging digital experiences? Delivering the sophisticated user experiences that today’s consumers crave means relying heavily on code developed outside the purview of in-house teams. This third-party code includes ads, analytics, data management platforms, and image libraries. While third-party code provides functionality and content, it also presents digital risks and vulnerabilities when left unmonitored. At The Media Trust, our proprietary client-side scanning technology gives you the power to safeguard the digital experiences on your websites or mobile apps.
Is Digital Third-Party Code Putting Your Brand At Risk?
You could be losing sales, giving competitors browsing data, or dropping malware on site visitors — and your security teams are flying blind.
What does digital third-party code look like?
You don’t own and control most of the software behind the functionality and content that your site users expect; your third parties do. These include:
- Software Plugins
- Payment & Shopping Cart Technologies
- Content Management & Hosting providers
- CRM & Data Management Platforms
- Online Chat Platforms
- Video & Image Libraries
While 3PC can help you attract users, they also draw quality and security problems because they lie outside your control. Many third parties are insufficiently secure, which makes them ideal targets for hackers. Many suffer breaches and, when they do, the site owners make the headlines and pay the regulatory fines.
Third-party code puts companies at risk.
When left unmonitored, the building blocks of sophisticated online experiences can become Trojan Horses for bad actors to attack your digital properties. The risks that third-party code pose can have serious impacts on your customer loyalty, reputation, and digital revenue.
The very real impact of code you don’t own or manage...
Scans by The Media Trust reveal shocking findings about the impact of unmanaged digital third-party code on consumer-facing websites and mobile apps.
- 4.27 seconds per session in average site latency from third-party domain calls. Customers expect sites to load in two seconds or less.
- An average 13% increase in new third-party domains each month. Best in class sites have less than 10%
- An average of 18% of total cookies with lifespans greater than 12 months. Long-life cookies increase opportunities for customer journey hijacking.
- An average of 25 domain calls on payment pages. In a perfect world, only one domain would exist.
Why Comprehensive Client-Side Scanning?
The good news is, with the right tools and expertise, you can control the risks from code you don’t own or manage. Comprehensive, client-side scanning is the preferred method for protecting websites and customers from third-party malware attacks.
- Learn the third-party domains called from digital properties, including the total numbers domains and new domains added in the last 30 days
- Track cookies, including the length of time they are set to collect data and the average number delivered through the site.
- Learn the average download size of site pages in MBs, which can be used as a measurement to improve browser experience.
- Detect average site latency in seconds, to indicate where third-party code could be impacting speed.
What's going on at The Media Trust
Sep 23, 2020
Sep 16, 2020