At The Media Trust, we make “The Internet a better place for everyone” and ensure digital trust and safety. We work with the world’s largest, most heavily trafficked digital properties and their partners. We work with Adobe, BBC, Hearst, Expedia, Marriott, NBC, The Washington Post, The Telegraph, Walmart, Yahoo!
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU AT THE MEDIA TRUST
- Remote / Flexible Working Hours
- Team of passionate people who love what they do
- Interesting projects, ability to implement your own ideas and improvements
- Premier medical Insurance including dental, vision, private life insurance as well as Pet Insurance & more
- PTO / Unlimited Sick Leave
- 401k with Employer Match
JOB AT A GLANCE
The Media Trust is seeking a highly motivated Senior Software Engineer who will collaborate within Engineering to maintain and optimize existing infrastructure and processes, become a SME and contribute to the design of new capabilities, products, and features. The work we do requires high quality code in a large and scalable deployment environment, complex problem solving, understanding of Agile software development, and the ability to collaborate with a diverse group of people. We are looking for Engineers who want to be invested in the business and are aware of the impact their effort makes.
WHAT WILL BE REQUIRED FROM YOU?
- Own key components of the platform (software and infrastructure). “Owning” means envisioning, designing, creating, building, and supporting.
- Lead the way – “Lead” means staying up to date with tools, trends, technologies, and frameworks industry-wide and sharing that knowledge in a meaningful way with the engineering community.
- Partner with Product Management to imagine, design, develop, test, and deliver solutions that invigorate our customers.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
- Adopt best practices in software engineering: design, testing, version control, documentation, build, deployment, and operations.
- Innovate to improve, optimize, and repeatably deliver data with integrity.
- Drive operational efficiencies and continuous improvements to development and test processes through investment in data-driven development, validation, and
- Be proactive in identifying risks or concerns, providing inputs on corrective or mitigation actions with team and organization leadership.
- Drive platform-related tooling (logging, monitoring, alerting).
- Practice curiosity and be hungry to learn.
- Bachelor’s degree in software engineering, computer science or technology related engineering field or substantial equivalent work experience.
- Experience with native mobile app development for iOS and/or Android, ideally in an advertising-supported product.
- Proficient with relational and no-SQL databases like PostgreSQL and MongoDB.
- Experience in the following additional technologies preferred: PHP, React/ReactNative, Python, Docker, AWS (Lambda, Kinesis, Athena).
The Media Trust offers a collaborative working environment where growth is encouraged and nurtured. In addition, we offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package.
The Media Trust provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.
Disclaimer: The above description is intended to describe the general nature of work and level of effort being performed by individuals assigned to this position or job description. This is not to be construed as a complete or exhaustive list of all skills, responsibilities, duties, and/or assignments required. Individuals may be required to perform duties outside of their position, job description, or responsibilities as needed.