Senior Software Engineer Data Collection and Analysis
In this role you will have the opportunity to build and optimize the code producing the data The Media Trust’s clients rely upon to protect users around the globe. This role will contribute to architecting and building innovative, data-centered solutions within our automated collection and analysis platform. You will collaborate within Engineering to maintain and optimize existing infrastructure and processes, become a SME and contribute to the design of new capabilities, products, and features. This engineer will live in high-volume data sets that require complex, precise, and efficient processing, storage, and retrieval. We serve a diverse set of clients operating in ever-changing industries and they’re hungry for our data – new challenges to solve are always around the corner.
- Own key components of the platform (software and infrastructure). “Owning” means envisioning, designing, creating, building, and supporting.
- Lead the way – “Lead” means staying up to date with tools, trends, technologies, and frameworks industry-wide and sharing that knowledge in a meaningful way with the engineering community.
- Partner with Product Management to imagine, design, develop, test, and deliver solutions that invigorate our customers.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
- Adopt best practices in software engineering: design, testing, version control, documentation, build, deployment, and operations.
- Innovate to improve, optimize, and repeatably deliver data with integrity.
- Drive operational efficiencies and continuous improvements to development and test processes through investment in data-driven development, validation, and automation.
- Be proactive in identifying risks or concerns, providing inputs on corrective or mitigation actions with team and organization leadership.
- Drive platform-related tooling (logging, monitoring, alerting).
- Practice curiosity and be hungry to learn.
- Bachelor’s degree in software engineering, computer science or technology related engineering field.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in Full Stack Development, including UI, API, and Data Layers.
- Experience working with Docker and/or Kubernetes preferred.
- Experience in API design, SDK architecture, and software lifecycle development practices.
- Experience developing and architecting scalable applications with large datasets.
- Proficient with relational and no-SQL databases like PostgreSQL and MongoDB.
- Experience developing applications with AWS and other cloud technologies.
- Multi-system Integration using industry standards such as REST, API, JSON, and microservices.
- CI/CD Pipeline toolset experience such as Jenkins, Bitbucket, GitHub, Gitlab-CI, Ansible.
- Advanced skills associated with DevOps and CI/CD workflow creation, modification, and implementation.
- Proven experience supporting complex applications in a large enterprise environment as per DevOps principles in an Agile environment.
- Demonstrable skills and experience solving deep, complex technical problems. Ability to think differently.
- Collaborative team member with excellent communication skills who has the ability to to write technical documentation effectively and develop run playbooks defining complex technical processes in a clear and concise manner.
The Media Trust offers a collaborative working environment where growth is encouraged and nurtured. In addition, we offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package.
The Media Trust provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.
Disclaimer: The above description is intended to describe the general nature of work and level of effort being performed by individuals assigned to this position or job description. This is not to be construed as a complete or exhaustive list of all skills, responsibilities, duties, and/or assignments required. Individuals may be required to perform duties outside of their position, job description, or responsibilities as needed.