The Media Trust is on a mission to make the digital ecosystem a healthier, more valuable place for businesses, governments, and consumers. Working with the world’s largest, most-heavily trafficked digital publishers and their AdTech partners as well as enterprises, the Media Trust delivers real-time security, data protection, performance management and quality assurance solutions that help protect, monetize, and optimize the user experience across desktop, smartphone, tablet, and gaming devices. The Media Trust is an industry pioneer with 15+ years of history continuously monitoring the online and mobile ecosystem.
The Media Trust is seeking a highly motivated Senior Mobile Software and Infrastructure Engineer (iOS/Android). The work we do requires high quality code in a large and scalable deployment environment, complex problem solving, understanding of Agile software development, and the ability to collaborate with a diverse group of people. We are looking for Engineers who want to be invested in the business and are aware of the impact their effort makes.
- Own all components of the mobile platform (software and infrastructure). “Owning” means envisioning, designing, creating, building, and supporting.
- Lead the way – “Lead” means staying up to date with tools, trends, technologies, and frameworks industry-wide and sharing that knowledge in a meaningful way with the engineering community.
- Partner with Product Management to imagine, design, develop, test, and launch software that invigorates our customers.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
- Adopt best practices in software engineering: design, testing, version control, documentation, build, deployment, and operations.
- Drive operational efficiencies and continuous improvements to development and test processes through investment in data-driven development, validation, and automation.
- Be proactive in identifying risks or concerns, providing inputs on corrective or mitigation actions with team and organization leadership.
- Improve and maintain our mobile apps CI/CD infrastructure and pipelines.
- Drive platform-related tooling (logging, monitoring, alerting).
- Bachelor’s degree in software engineering, computer science or technology field.
- 8+ years of relevant industry experience in mobile device hardware and software (iOS and Android platforms).
- 5+ years of experience in designing and developing iOS applications using Objective C/SWIFT and/or Android Applications using Java/Kotlin, Android SDK, Studio, APIs, or Frameworks.
- 2+ years of experience working with Docker and/or Kubernetes preferred.
- Experience in API design, SDK architecture, and mobile software lifecycle development practices.
- Multi-system Integration using industry standards such as REST, API, JSON, and microservices.
- Strong testing background and expertise with test automation on iOS and Android devices.
- Strong networking background, understanding firewalls and routing.
- CI/CD Pipeline toolset experience such as Jenkins, Bitbucket, GitHub, Gitlab-CI, Ansible.
- Advanced skills associated with DevOps and CI/CD workflow creation, modification, and implementation.
- Proven experience supporting complex applications in a large enterprise environment as per DevOps principles in an Agile environment.
- Demonstrable skills and experience solving deep, complex technical problems. Ability to think differently.
- Collaborative team member with excellent communication skills who has the ability to to write technical documentation effectively and develop run playbooks defining complex technical processes in a clear and concise manner.
The Media Trust offers a collaborative working environment where growth is encouraged and nurtured. In addition, we offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package.
The Media Trust provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.
Disclaimer: The above description is intended to describe the general nature of work and level of effort being performed by individuals assigned to this position or job description. This is not to be construed as a complete or exhaustive list of all skills, responsibilities, duties, and/or assignments required. Individuals may be required to perform duties outside of their position, job description, or responsibilities as needed.