Are you a technology enthusiast with a passion for improving the user experience? Do you have a good eye for clean, attractive interface design? If so, this could be the perfect fit for you.
We are looking for a Front-End Engineer who is passionate about usability, interaction design, and internet technologies. Candidates should excel at working with multidisciplinary teams to develop great user experiences for our client base. Our web developers work with back-end developers, project managers, product managers, and business owners to develop the next generation of our web-based products and services. They also will help evaluate and continuously improve our existing systems. Good communication skills are a must.
The responsibilities are diverse and include, but are not limited to:
- Debug and troubleshoot layout and scripting issues across a variety of browsers including IE, Firefox, Safari, and Chrome.
- Build and maintain front-end libraries and frameworks.
- Test and document new features developed.
- Work with back-end developers to integrate front-end experiences, ensuring design integrity.
- Optimize UI and liaise with team members regarding customer feedback.
- Create mockups, wireframes, and sketches and translate them into working prototypes to refine interface behaviors.
- Participate in user-centered research through client focus groups, interviews, usage analysis, and rapid prototyping.
- Monitor trends in UI development and advocate technology standards and best practices.
- Understand UI guidelines for relevant operating systems and adjust interfaces accordingly.
- Proven knowledge of standards-compliant, responsive design, cross-browser compatible CSS, including CSS3 and HTML.
- A solid understanding of user-centered design and testing methodologies, subsystems, usability and accessibility concerns.
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX.
- Strong design capabilities.
- Good communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT/Computer Science.
- 8+ years’ experience with website front end coding and interaction design.
- Experience working on large-scale web initiatives.
- An in-depth understanding of the development process, from design to deployment, ideally working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Self-motivation and initiative, able to work under minimal supervision.
The Media Trust offers a collaborative working environment where growth is encouraged and nurtured. In addition, we offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package.
The Media Trust provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.
Disclaimer: The above description is intended to describe the general nature of work and level of effort being performed by individuals assigned to this position or job description. This is not to be construed as a complete or exhaustive list of all skills, responsibilities, duties, and/or assignments required. Individuals may be required to perform duties outside of their position, job description, or responsibilities as needed.