At The Media Trust, the Ad Operations Manager is a crucial role in supporting the company’s efforts to deliver best-in-class services to its clients engaged in the digital marketplace, primarily Publishers and AdTech (SSP/DSP). The Ad Operations Manager will serve as the primary day to day contact between internal business and technical teams at The Media Trust to maximize the service offerings used by clients. The ideal candidate will understand ad serving and advertising operations at the technical level, have a strong familiarity with the Programmatic Advertising ecosystem, and have a strong desire to help Digital Publishers and AdTech clients make the digital ecosystem a safer and healthier place for consumers and brands.
The responsibilities are diverse and include, but are not limited to:
- Work as the Client Ops lead in helping to optimize publishers accounts with The Media Trust’s suite of services and recommend/implement account level modifications.
- Support publishers with their programmatic advertising quality strategy, while ensuring their strategy is aligned with service delivery objectives.
- Understanding of online advertising ecosystem, publisher monetization and ad operations functions.
- Contribute technical knowledge of internal systems and workflow processes utilizing project management fundamentals in the execution of web operations and the online advertising.
- Support blocking technology script implementation and configuration initiatives for client partners.
- Assist with identifying, recommending and/or resolving Creative QA (technical/visual policies), site tagging, and tracking issues that may arise throughout the delivery process.
- Work with The Media Trust’s Product teams to ensure that new product solutions are built to meet clients’ needs.
- Identify process inefficiencies, recommend and champion ways to improve the information and communication workflow (reporting, sales ops, etc).
- Work as an Operations liaison between cross-functional departments (Marketing, Sales, Customer Success, Product Management, System Engineering).
- Use GAM/GTM to drive account level optimization and gain account performance insights.
- Assist clients to identify and resolve issues within their programmatic stack.
- Ability to synthesize/simplify data into an actionable and coherent story for both internal and external audiences.
- Work with Media Trust Product teams to ensure that new product solutions are built to meet clients needs.
- Stay on top of industry trends and continuously recommend new ad products, systems, etc.
- 4+ years in Digital Publishing and programmatic advertising.
- Understanding of online advertising ecosystem, publisher monetization and ad operations functionality across sites, including knowledge of all ad products.
- In-depth technical knowledge of the programmatic marketplace and ad ecosystem.
- Minimum four-year Undergraduate Degree
- Experience working in Google Ad Manager (GAM) required, Google Tag Manager (GTM), Domo and other ad serving and programmatic buying systems.
- Proficiency in standard MS Office-type applications (Google suite).
- Ability to interact with key publishers’ ad ops teams and other external clients.
- Strong business acumen and a high degree of technical aptitude and curiosity.
- Strong customer service skills and experience working directly with clients.
- Thrives in working in a dynamic environment
- Strong attention to detail.
- 5 years experience working in Digital Publisher Ad Operations
- Experience with testing new ad product solutions and managing new ad technology platform integrations or migrations.
- Deep understanding of implementation factors and advertising quality assurance (QA) best practices.
The Media Trust offers a collaborative working environment where growth is encouraged and nurtured. In addition, we offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package.
The Media Trust provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.
Disclaimer: The above description is intended to describe the general nature of work and level of effort being performed by individuals assigned to this position or job description. This is not to be construed as a complete or exhaustive list of all skills, responsibilities, duties, and/or assignments required. Individuals may be required to perform duties outside of their position, job description, or responsibilities as needed.