The Media Trust is seeking a highly-motivated, independent Sales Director to join our team. We are on a mission to create a safer experience in the digital ecosystem. We provide a unique perspective on digital security by helping publishers and advertising technology companies create a more secure environment. By identifying and resolving security, privacy, data leakage and ad quality issues, The Media Trust helps the advertising ecosystem maximize the value of their digital assets while safeguarding revenue and their brand.
The West Coast Sales Director role is focused on the growth and acquisition of publisher and ad technology accounts for our core lines of business. This requires the development and management of key relationships across the publishing and ad tech industry. The position is tasked with executing new account strategies, as well as being a consultative partner to the client and our internal Client Success teams.
The responsibilities are diverse and include, but are not limited to:
- Leverage external relationships and personal network to generate sales
- Drive all phases of the sales lifecycle: identify and develop leads; understand client needs; develop the value proposition; structure deals; negotiate contracts; and close
- Communicate the value proposition, technology and processes to prospects and clients
- Grow The Media Trust account base by building strong relationships with clients
- Drive relationships with clients to align needs with the suite of The Media Trust offerings
- Partner closely with the internal teams to maintain an understanding of the digital landscape, the needs of our clients and the distinct values delivered by The Media Trust.
- Participate at industry events
- Proven track record of sales success and exceeding sales quotas on a consistent basis
- 7+ years of enterprise solution sales experience to senior decision makers in the publishing and advertising marketplace (3+ years selling SaaS model solutions)
- Ad Tech, Marketing Tech or Digital Sales experience/knowledge is required
- Relationships with publishers and ad tech from previous roles is a must
- Proven prospecting, engagement and contract negotiation skills
- Record of creating, managing and closing complex, multi-stage sales cycle opportunities
- Ability to articulate account growth strategies and their outcomes
- Impeccable attention to detail; service-minded and team-oriented
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team selling environment
- Independent and wiling to work in a satellite environment
- Experience with Salesforce.com
- BA/BS degree required
- Position to be located in San Francisco or LA.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a background check.