Location: Mclean Virginia
The Media Trust is seeking a highly motivated, flexible, organized, and detail-oriented Technical Lead to join our great team. The candidate will manage and ensure successful development and full release cycle of product(s) The Media Trust is developing utilizing Scrum and Agile software development methodologies within a fast-paced highly collaborative environment. This is a very exciting field and product to be working on; passion in technology is very important.
The ideal candidate will have experience leading a technology software product development team. The role requires the ability to successfully manage and juggle priorities in a fast-paced environment with multiple concurrent work streams based on Agile for high profile complex commercial projects. The successful candidate will thrive on the challenge and help the teams achieve a high degree of maturity.
The responsibilities are diverse and include, but are not limited to:
- Key leader in managing the development of The Media Trust product(s).
- Define and document customer needs and desires working with The Media Trust account management, sales, and development managers.
- Manage multiple implementations, clients and organize across teams efficiently to deliver product on time, budget and scope.
- Encourage and support collaborative development
- Track key milestones, scope, consistently monitoring and mitigating risks within The Media Trust product(s).
- Create user stories and assign them to sprints based on Scrum methodology based on product roadmap.
- Organize and lead daily scrum meetings.
- Manage and direct team members with task definition.
- Provide input and analysis on user interface design.
- Drive software testing and documentation.
- Gather metrics and report status and communicate to Management.
- Previous experience in managing software product development.
- Ability to quickly switch between clients and priorities different needs.
- Experience in enterprise software development and knowledge of enterprise systems.
- In depth knowledge of Scrum and implementation of Agile Methodologies.
- Ability to manage scope, risks and issues across multiple projects.
- Familiarity with Jira, Ahah and other monitoring tools.
- Excellent facilitation skills both internally and externally, skilled at securing stakeholder buy-in.
- Knowledge of modern software technologies related to development, builds, testing & deployment; basic software technology terms, and the entire software development life cycle.
- Exceptionally skilled in verbal and written communications.
- Knowledge of Cyber Security technologies and APIs.
- The ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 8+years experience leading multiple software products/projects - utilizing Agile & Scrum methodologies.
- 8 years experience working for a software product management company.
- Experience with product roadmap, executing client implementations.
- Knowledge in Cyber Security is a plus.
- Exceptional communication skills with a proven track record of successfully leading a project team and serving as a liaison between technical and non-technical staff and clients.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a background check.