The Media Trust is seeking a highly motivated, flexible, organized and detail-oriented System Administrator/Engineer. The individual is responsible for the continued maintenance and development of all the core products that The Media Trust has to offer their clients. The ideal candidate should have a strong understanding of the Linux environment. The individual will participate in on-call rotation to support a 24/7 environment.
- The ability to help the System Admin team maintain the daily system tasks.
- The ability to write scripts for simple SysAdmin jobs.
- Support and improve the Data Center Backup operations and disaster recovery planning and testing.
- Develop and document programs, scripts, and standard operating procedures pertaining to systems administration.
- Monitor and optimize systems in order to achieve and maintain maximum performance and up time.
- Explore and Implement new software products relevant to company operations.
- Develop and provide recommendations to aid in hardware and system software planning and budgeting.
- Experience with Linux (preferably Gentoo) servers including but not limited to building, configuring and OS installs.
- Comfortable in an on-call and shift rotation environment.
- Familiarity with Linux command line.
- Experience with bash scripting
- Familiarity with datacenters including racking servers, switches, PDU’s and the ability to run cabling.
- Knowledge of networking/troubleshooting.
- Experience with Nagios or similar monitoring tools.
- Experience successfully implementing new technology such as open source software to a live system
- Ability to prioritize work and seek escalation in a timely manner when required.
- Solid understanding of disaster recovery and business continuity processes and practices.
- Exercises sound judgment and critical thinking when selecting and deploying methods, techniques and evaluation criteria to achieve desired results.
- Experience setup and tuneup with posgres a plus.
- Exposure to Agile/Scrum methodology a plus.
- SQL a plus.
- 5+ years of experience of System Admin in a large, time critical infrastructure
- 5+ years of experience working with Linux and a solid understanding of Linux systems.
- 3 years experience building, racking and cabling physical servers.
- 3+ years of experience programming in Python or Shell
- Hands on experience configuration of Apache, syslog-NG, graylog, etc.