As an organization, we prize engineering professionals who are equipped with great technical skills and attitudes that motivate those around them. We seek individuals who bring a sense of ownership and are passionate about quality. We value individuals who are curious, demonstrate initiative, and love solving problems.
The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Know the customer, know the product, help the organization continually improve.
- Contribute to delivering software improvements and feature enhancements by writing code, performing code reviews, and participating in design and architecture.
- Participate in the Agile Scrum ceremonies enthusiastically to ensure great team communication, knowledge sharing and collaboration.
- Build quality into the product with the right amount of automated testing that gives the team confidence in our releases.
- Collaborate with your peers to deliver as a team, including testing and other quality checks to achieve the Definition of Done each sprint.
- Participate actively in Agile story grooming and backlog refinement throughout each sprint.
- Drive innovation and contribute to a plan to address technical debt wherever it exists.
- Be a champion of software engineering documentation, design standards and best practices.
- Mentor and guide other engineers to learn and grow from the knowledge and experience you bring to the team.
- Support customers as needed to integrate our solution into their environment.
- Solve hard problems with creative solutions and have a good time along the way!
- 10+ years of experience developing software applications at scale.
- Experience developing and architecting scalable applications with large datasets.
- Experience developing applications with AWS and other cloud technologies.
- Experience developing web applications using one or more of PHP, Python, React, or VueJS.
- Experience developing backend web services and APIs with Java/Spring or Python.
- Solid understanding of fundamental web service technologies such as HTTP/s and REST/SOAP.
- Proficient with relational and no-SQL databases like PostgreSQL and MongoDB.
- Understanding of browser technologies and how profiles, cookies, and localstorage work.
- Understanding of Agile development methodologies and industry standard practices and tools.
- Written and verbal communication skills – able to clearly and succinctly describe complex issues.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, IT or related field (equivalent experience/training will be considered).
While the above are core requirements, the follow specialized experience is highly desirable:
- Experience in the digital advertising space (SSP, DSP, ad server, or audience data products).
- In-depth knowledge of the inner workings of web pages, DOM manipulation, iFrame sandboxing, browsers, website rendering, and AJAX-enabled UIs.