Location: Mclean Virginia
The Media Trust is hiring a Security and Operations Analyst to analyze malicious files, aid in their detection, as well as research and implement new, innovative ways to improve malware prevention. The ideal candidate must be a forward-thinking self-starter that can join our Department of Security and Operations team, bringing with them a technical understanding of the necessary components used in the delivery of malware. This candidate will be at the forefront of Malware detection and will contribute to our focus on solidifying The Media Trust's status as the industry leader in the prevention, detection, and remediation of threats across the digital ecosystem.
The responsibilities are diverse and include, but are not limited to:
- Provide expertise in the areas of malware prevention, detection, and remediation.
- Analyze and evaluate complex code and malicious binaries through the use of security and forensic tools.
- Work with management to assess, enhance, and implement best practices to our internal and external security processes and procedures.
- Identify strategies and techniques used in malicious campaigns to identify its source and offending parties involved.
- Produce detailed reports outlining the characteristics and functionality of malicious files, including signatures that may be used for future identification as well as an association to other known malware.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Sales to deliver reports and writeups on malicious events detected by The Media Trust.
- Effectively communicate highly technical information to clients and management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Security, or other related IT fields.
- 3+ years Information Security Analyst experience.
- 3+ years experience as a Team Lead/Project Management.
- 3+ years experience with static, dynamic analysis and reverse -engineering of malicious code/files.
- 3+ years experience implementing automation scripts to improve efficiency where applicable
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment and provide guidance and support to other members of the Security and Operations team
- In-depth understanding of and experience with several operating systems (e.g. Windows, ChromeOS, Linux, iOS, Android)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Applicants selected will be subject to a background check.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science.
- SOC experience.
- Experience and passion with security research and write-ups.
- Experience in Security presentation and public speaking.
- Experience and understanding of Assembly (x86 and x64) Architecture.
- Understanding of the programmatic ad serving process.
- Experience with mobile-specific malware.