The Media Trust is on a mission to make the digital ecosystem a healthier, more valuable place for businesses, governments and consumers. Working with the world’s largest, most-heavily trafficked digital publishers and their AdTech partners as well as enterprises, the Media Trust delivers real-time security, data protection, performance management and quality assurance solutions that help protect, monetize and optimize the user experience across desktop, smartphone, tablet and gaming devices. The Media Trust is an industry pioneer with 15+ years of history continuously monitoring the online and mobile ecosystem.
The Media Trust is seeking a highly motivated QA strategist and automation engineer responsible for leading the QA test and automation strategy for the The Media Trust Product Portfolio. This position will oversee the creation and implementation of a test automation suite for the Media Filter and other TMT products. Responsibilities focus on defining test plans and regression suites as well as selecting automation tools and building a CI/CD pipeline. The ideal candidate will have experience in creating test suites from scratch and experience with a broad set of test and automation tools. TMT is a fast-paced environment where you will have an opportunity to collaborate and solve unique challenges.
- Plan, create and manage the overall Quality Test & Automation Strategy.
- Develop test strategies that are a mix of manual and automation testing methods, leveraging automation wherever possible.
- Collaborate with Product and Ops team to translate functional requirements into test cases.
- Engage with developers and product owner to understand and analyze software features and requirements in order to develop detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Prioritize and plan testing activities.
- Build automated test infrastructure.
- Leverage scripts and automation tools to build, integrate and test TMT software products within the automated test infrastructure.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate quality assurance activities across projects with stakeholders.
- Execute manual test cases, automated tests and perform regression testing
- Work alongside DevOps Engineers to integrate test harnesses into the program’s CI/CD pipelines to automate the building, validation, and deployment of code across environments.
- Identify and report issues found and verify that issues are resolved.
- Reproduce issues reported from operations, CSMs and customers. Assist development with any necessary setup and reproduction as well as debugging in any of the non-production and production environments.
- Validate and verify customer integrations and answer questions from the field.
- Write SQL queries and import data into Excel to create product reports for Operations, CSMs, and customers.
- Define testing benchmark standard (automated unit/integration, manual, SIT, UAT) and manage exceptions on a project by project basis
QA, Support and Software Development Experience
- 5+ years of experience as a Quality Assurance Engineer performing test estimation, test case preparation, manual test execution, executing automation scripts and regression testing, and defect management.
- 5+ years of experience QA testing web-based applications and backend applications (REST services, platforms).
- Experience with Test rails or other test case management software.
- Experience with Agile-Scrum and other Agile methodologies and industry standard practices and tools, such as Jira and Confluence.
- Experience with client interaction and communication.
- Understand multiple stages of testing, from unit, functional, integration, system, and performance or stress.
- Experience reporting and tracking bugs, solving complex problems & triaging issues.
- Experience in creating test automation frameworks with an expertise with Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment environments (Git, Jenkins).
- Significant experience with the automation tools such as Cypress, Cucumber, Selenium, etc.
- Experience in DevOps, deployment automation technologies like GIT, Jenkins, Terraform.
- Hands on experience in writing unit and integration test cases.
- Experience in automating tests in for web-based front end UI, backend systems, and mobile systems.
- In-depth knowledge of the inner workings of web pages, DOM manipulation, iFrame sandboxing, browsers, website rendering, and AJAX-enabled UIs.
- SQL and relationship database experience, Postgres databases SQL
- Solid understanding of fundamental web service technologies such as HTTP and REST/SOAP.
- Experience with browser and network debugging tools such as Chrome Dev Tools, Charles Proxy, Fiddler, HttpWatch etc.is a plus
- Experience developing applications in an AWS environment using AWS serverless products such as lambda, S3, CloudFront API Gateway or similar technologies.
- Familiarity with cloud technologies such as Microservices, RESTful APIs, Docker, and Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of Linux administration, versatile in console commands, scripting and utilities (PERL, Python, BASH, etc.).
- BS in Computer Science or Engineering field or equivalent experience
Ad Tech Experience Strongly Desired
- Knowledge of the Digital Advertising Ecosystem
- Basic understanding of log parsing, device logs, API response codes and other technologies related to advertising required (ie Charles Log/Fiddler)
- A solid understanding of real time bidding is a plus
- Familiarity with various SSPs, DSPs, ad networks and the market landscape
- Experience with DFP or another major ad server
- Experience with Header Bidding technologies such as Prebid.js
- Knowledge of programmatic ad serving
- Experience in an Ad Operations role or other Ad Tech experience
- A sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success.
- Highly motivated team player with the ability to deliver in a fast-paced, self-directed environment.
- Ability to work productively with others in a highly collaborative manner.
- Ability to facilitate collaboration between stakeholders and manage opposing requirements and views to a achieve a successful outcome.
- Critical thinker and with excellent problem-solving skills comfortable analyzing data and leveraging a methodical approach to troubleshoot issues. Able to effectively translate findings to variety of stakeholders.
- Good time-management skills
- Exceptional organization and communication skills
- Exceptional written communication skills and ability to produce clean and clear documentation and feedback.
- Confidence communicating with internal and external audiences