The Media Trust is on a mission to make the digital ecosystem a healthier, more valuable place for businesses, governments and consumers. Working with the world’s largest, most-heavily trafficked digital publishers and their AdTech partners as well as enterprises, the Media Trust delivers real-time security, data protection, performance management and quality assurance solutions that help protect, monetize and optimize the user experience across desktop, smartphone, tablet and gaming devices. The Media Trust is an industry pioneer with 15+ years of history continuously monitoring the online and mobile ecosystem.
The Media Trust is looking for a creative and motivated Product Owner with excellent problem solving and communication skills. You will be working with a smart and diverse team of problem solvers who exhibit high energy, deep technical skills and a drive to get things done. As the Product Owner for The Media Trust, you’ll be responsible for maximizing the value of the products created by the scrum teams. You will work with multiple teams to implement the Media Trust product strategy for multiple product lines.
- Provide vision and direction to the Agile scrum teams and other stakeholders throughout the project.
- Assess value, develop cases, and prioritize stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with the product strategy.
- Work closely with Product Management to create and maintain a product backlog according to business value or ROI.
- Manage the product lifecycle from requirements to prioritization to product release.
- Provide clear documentation of progress and deliverables.
- Build consensus and enthusiasm among stakeholders at all levels.
- Be committed to the project, vision, team and the business.
Manage the Process
- Collaborate with key stakeholders, including product management, support, and customers, to identify, define, and break down complex requirements into achievable user stories.
- Lead the product release planning and set expectation for delivery of new functionalities.
- Provide backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of the user stories.
- Highlight product features in a manner clearly understandable to the development team.
- Manage change requests and engage in cross-team collaboration to prioritize and evangelize requests.
- Work with development teams to clarify and enforce a rigorous definition of "done", to ensure the resulting products are of the highest quality.
Be a Product Expert
- Constantly learning the ins and outs of the product.
- Have an eye for product design with an ability to realize a vision.
- Collaborate with product, sales and support teams to understand how users use our product.
- Keep development focused on business value and alignment with the product vision.
- Research and analyze market, the users, and the roadmap for the product.
Be a Leader
- Accountability leader and mentor the scrum teams.
- Keep development motivated and focused on business value and alignment with the product vision.
- 5+ years of experience as a Product Owner for a Big Data or Data Analytics product.
- Experience developing and managing complex B2B systems that must be both scalable and reliable while integrating with existing, complex business processes.
- In-depth understanding of Agile development methodologies (particularly Scrum) and industry standard practices and tools.
- Hands on experience authoring and refining user stories, grooming product backlogs, and prioritizing conflicting requirements.
- Solid understanding of the cloud software product lifecycle.
- Ability to be creative, strategic, analytical, and think outside the box to solve problems.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail oriented and comfortable managing multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Enjoys working in a team and independently and can perform at high-levels in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to build strong interpersonal relationships with product, development teams, leadership, senior management, and internal and external stakeholders.
- Minimum of a BS in Computer Science or Engineering field or equivalent experience.
Highly Preferred Candidates Also Have
- Experience in designing and development of cloud SaaS products and cloud technologies such as AWS.
- Strong high-level understanding of scalable web application architectures.
- Experience building complex applications that present the user with a simple, intuitive, efficient user experience.