Looking to showcase your skills in product marketing? The Media Trust has the position for you. As the Product Marketing Lead you will be a key player in The Media Trust’s holistic marketing strategy by supporting go-to-market activities for our digital advertising technology solutions. Reporting to the VP of Marketing and working closely with the Product, Marketing and Sales teams, you will define product marketing strategies by understanding target market needs, keeping abreast of the competitive landscape, and promoting The Media Trust’s value proposition.
The Media Trust provides a unique perspective on safeguarding the digital advertising ecosystem from malvertising, fraud, ad quality, and unauthorized data collection. A key component is helping clients “know what they don’t know” about their websites & mobile apps in order to drive optimization and regulatory-compliant revenue channels. Our mission is to fix the internet by creating better digital ecosystems which help secure and protect the world’s largest, most heavily trafficked online and mobile properties accessed by everyday consumers, e.g., media, ecommerce, travel, automotive and finance industries.
- Keep abreast of market trends and themes to inform brand and product positioning, messaging and content about existing customers, potential markets and prospects, industry competitors and partners, overall external environment, including legal and regulatory changes that affect The Media Trust’s operations either directly or indirectly
- Identify and validate urgent, pervasive problems in the market by interviewing customers, recent evaluators and potential buyers. Map market needs to product capabilities and highlight gaps to product development, sales and account management teams
- Continuously analyze competitor and alternative offerings in the market, assess their strengths and weaknesses, and develop a strategy for winning against the competition
Content Development and Writing
- Define and produce clear, concise and compelling B2B content in support of product marketing with the purpose of influencing customers, buyers, industry specialists, research analysts, key editors in the press and other third parties
- Develop messaging, differentiators and product-related content including articles/ blogs, website copy, presentation decks, marketing sheets, infographics, event materials/displays
Marketing Campaign Execution
- Help develop quarterly product-specific marketing programs by leading ideation, execution, and campaign optimization through traditional and digital channels. Focus on achieving pipeline growth and go-to-market goals
- Work closely with Sales to understand their challenges and needs relative to selling the offering(s) and create and maintain reusable sales collateral to help the sales team succeed.
- Drive company’s participation and messaging at key industry events, tradeshows, and conferences
- 5+ years of product marketing experience in digital advertising organizations, from either a publisher or adtech provider, e.g., SSP, exchange, DSP
- Experience with consumer products, preferably technology devices and consumer subscription services
- Demonstrated abilities in researching, learning, and comprehending the competitive landscape of product offerings and strategy
- Superior written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative, but fast-paced, environment as well as with cross-functional, distributed teams
- Ability to manage a high volume of projects simultaneously
- Self-motivated, high-energy and diligent work ethic
- Additional capabilities are a plus, but not required:
- Experience with content management systems, marketing automation and customer relationship management platforms; Drupal, Salesforce, and Pardot
- Google Ad Words and SEMRush expertise
- Design strategy or design tools expertise; Adobe InDesign, etc.
- Passion for technology and/or domain expertise in cloud computing, DevOps, IT automation, or cybersecurity
Position is located in McLean, Virginia with 25% travel. Would consider remote employee if the position is an exact match.