Looking to hone your skills in product marketing? The Media Trust has the position for you. As the Product Marketing Associate you will be a key player in The Media Trust’s holistic marketing strategy by supporting go-to-market activities for our enterprise, digital media and technology solutions. Reporting to the VP of Marketing and working closely with the Product Marketing Manager, you will help define product marketing strategies by understanding target market needs, keeping abreast of competitive landscape, and promoting The Media Trust’s value proposition.
The Media Trust provides a unique perspective on digital security by helping enterprises “know what they don’t know” about their websites & mobile apps. Our mission is to fix the internet by creating better (enterprise) digital ecosystems which help secure and protect the world’s largest, most heavily trafficked online and mobile properties accessed by everyday consumers, e.g., media, ecommerce, travel, automotive and finance industries.
- Keep abreast of market trends and themes to inform brand and product positioning, messaging and content about existing customers, potential markets and prospects, industry competitors and partners, overall external environment, including legal and regulatory changes that affect The Media Trust’s operations either directly or indirectly
- Identify and validate urgent, pervasive problems in the market by interviewing customers, recent evaluators and potential buyers. Map market needs to product capabilities and highlight gaps to product development, sales and account management teams
- Analyze competitor and alternative offerings in the market, assess their strengths and weaknesses, and develop a strategy for winning against the competition
Content Development and Writing
- Define and produce clear, concise and compelling B2B content in support of product marketing with the purpose of influencing customers, buyers, industry specialists, research analysts, key editors in the press and other third parties
- Assist in the development of messaging, differentiators and product-related content including articles/ blogs, website copy, presentation decks, marketing sheets, infographics, event materials/displays
Marketing Campaign Execution
- Help develop quarterly product-specific marketing programs by leading ideation, execution and campaign optimization through traditional and digital channels. Focus on achieving pipeline growth and go-to-market goals
- Work closely with Sales to understand their challenges and needs relative to selling the offering and create and maintain reusable sales collateral to help the sales team succeed.
- Drive company’s participation and messaging at key industry events, tradeshows, and conferences
- 2-5 years of product marketing experience in high-growth organizations; technology marketing experience with a desire to learn more about product marketing is acceptable
- Experience with consumer products, preferably technology devices and consumer subscription services
- Demonstrated abilities in researching, learning, and comprehending the competitive landscape of product offerings and strategy
- Superior written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative, but fast-paced environment as well as with cross-functional teams
- Ability to manage a high volume of projects simultaneously
- Self-motivated, high-energy and diligent work ethic
- Experience with content management systems, marketing automation and customer relationship management platforms; Drupal, Salesforce, and Pardot a plus
- Passion for technology and strong domain expertise in cloud computing, DevOps, IT automation, cybersecurity, or digital advertising a plus
Must be able to work out of McLean, Virginia with 10% travel.