The Media Trust Engineering team is looking for a Principal Software Architect to join our product engineering team to lead the evolution of our core API platform and integrations with some of the largest digital advertising services. This is an opportunity that will play an essential role in driving the platform architecture while ensuring our customer’s technology teams can integrate seamlessly with our platform APIs. The qualified candidate will have experience with building and maintaining API services, working with large datasets, and interacting with consumers of an API to ensure successful integrations. The preferred candidate will have experience in the digital advertising space (SSP, DSP, ad server, or audience data products). Superior interpersonal communication and collaboration skills will be essential for this role.
As an organization, we prize engineering professionals who are equipped with great technical skills and attitudes that motivate those around them. We seek individuals who bring a sense of ownership and are passionate about quality. We value individuals who are curious, demonstrate initiative, and love solving problems.
The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead the architecture and design approach for the platform API and data services.
- Meet with customer technical teams to ensure successful integrations with the TMT platform.
- Partner with the TMT sales team to understand the customer’s environment and use cases.
- Develop and maintain architecture diagrams, data models and other technical documentation.
- Define and champion architecture standards, tools and related development methodologies.
- Drive innovation and contribute to a plan to address technical debt wherever it exists.
- Contribute to delivering software improvements and feature enhancements by writing code and performing code reviews.
- Contribute to quality initiatives like test automation coverage and tooling to improve quality.
- Participate in the Agile Scrum ceremonies enthusiastically to ensure great team communication, knowledge sharing and collaboration.
- Collaborate with your peers to deliver as a team, including testing and other quality checks to achieve the Definition of Done each sprint.
- Participate actively in Agile story grooming and backlog refinement throughout each sprint.
- Mentor and guide other engineers to learn and grow from the knowledge and experience you bring to the team.
- Solve hard problems with creative solutions and have a good time along the way!
- This role reports directly to the Vice President of Integrations.
- 10+ years of experience developing software applications at scale.
- 5+ years experience building backend software services and APIs.
- 3+ years of experience in a role where you led or influenced software architecture decisions.
- Experience working directly with customers or consumers of your product.
- Experience developing and architecting scalable applications with large datasets.
- Experience developing applications with AWS and other cloud technologies.
- Experience developing backend web services and APIs with Java/Spring or Python.
- Experience developing web applications using one or more of PHP, Python, React, or VueJS.
- Solid understanding of fundamental web service technologies such as HTTP/s and REST/SOAP.
- Proficient with relational and no-SQL databases like PostgreSQL and MongoDB.
- Understanding of browser technologies and how profiles, cookies, and localstorage interact.
- Understanding of Agile development methodologies and industry standard practices and tools.
- Experience in the digital advertising space (SSP, DSP, ad server, or audience data products) is preferred.
- Written and verbal communication skills – able to clearly and succinctly describe complex issues.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, IT or related field (equivalent experience/training will be considered).