Location: Mclean Virginia
If you are a creative thinker that loves to be a change maker, solving problems through technology and design then The Media Trust is the place for you! Help bring the power of digital technology to our clients and transform how they engage with their users. A career within our dynamic, growing company will offer you unique exposure to industry expertise and trusted methodologies, as well as cutting-edge creative prowess. This position is responsible for determining how to effectively scale automated processes (use of browsers and apps) across mobile devices. The position requires an in-depth understanding of test-driven development on mobile devices, both Android and iOS platforms.
The responsibilities are diverse and include, but are not limited to:
- Developing a method to monitor and collect in/outbound traffic (WiFi and mobile data) handled by the device via browsers and apps.
- Data collection must support both mobile data (LTE, 5G, etc.) and Wifi.
- Contribute to building a data collection mechanism that can be scaled.
- Reporting to Department Directors to ensure project remains on course.
- Meet goals and expectations set by Project Manager.
- Experience working independently with minimal supervision and guidance.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with experience exercising mature judgment.
- Proven experience effectively prioritizing workload to meet deadlines and work objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to write clearly, succinctly, and in a manner that appeals to a wide audience.
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation creation tools, as well as Internet research tools.
- Demonstrated experience developing iOS applications in a professional setting.
- Passionate about mobile development and writing beautiful, correct, and efficient code.
- Deep understanding of Swift and/or Objective-C and the Cocoa frameworks.
- Solid grasp of iOS networking and REST Web Services.
- Understanding of iOS development tools and the development life cycle.
- Familiarity with continuous integration tools, iOS provisioning, and App Store deployment.
- Familiarity with agile development methods (preferably Scrum and Kanban).
- Android or cross-platform (e.g. Cordova/PhoneGap, Xamarin) mobile development.
- Experience with web technologies (HTML5/CSS/JS).
- 3-5 years programming/engineering at the operating system level on mobile devices.
- Knowledge of Android Debug Bridge (ADB) and root abilities on mobile devices.
- Knowledge of best practices and 3rd-party resources used for development on mobile devices.
- Knowledge of multiple data collection methods (fiddler, wireshark) best-suited to meet the needs defined by the project.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a background check.