The Media Trust is on a mission to make the digital ecosystem a healthier, more valuable place for businesses, governments and consumers. Working with the world’s largest, most-heavily trafficked digital publishers and their AdTech partners as well as enterprises, The Media Trust delivers real-time security, data protection, performance management and quality assurance solutions that help protect, monetize and optimize the user experience across desktop, smartphone, tablet and gaming devices. The Media Trust is an industry pioneer with 15+ years of history continuously monitoring the online and mobile ecosystem.
The Media Trust is seeking a highly motivated Director responsible for the data center and network services required to support the Media Trust scanning infrastructure. This position will oversee the Infrastructure & Operations portfolio to ensure a reliable 24x7 operations. Responsibilities focus on automation, installation, configuration, monitoring, security and maintenance of the Data Center & IT systems software and hardware for servers and endpoint devices. The position will also create and maintain processes and procedures to ensure compliance with regulations, security and internal IT standards. The ideal candidate will have broad experience in Linux servers, network engineering and windows/mac endpoints. The Media Trust is a fast-paced environment where you will have an opportunity to collaborate and solve unique challenges.
- Develop and oversee setting up and maintenance of the network infrastructure in the data center and in the corporate office. The scope will include updating the security infrastructure (firewalls, network monitoring, IDS/IPS) and moving to a segmented network in the office and the datacenter to segregate scanning, malware analysis and other activities.
- Develop automation for the deployment and management of The Media Trust extensive mobile phone scanning infrastructure. Provide daily oversight of the various phone farms to ensure they remain operational and to provide input to the tech team on scanning improvements.
- Support the System Administration team to do the following:
- Maintain and keep over 400 servers up to date with the latest Linux OS versions.
- Create gold boot images for each type and server function.
- Automate the monitoring and alerting of CPU, memory and functional operation of the servers to ensure 99% uptime.
- Automate various processes and systems in the data center.
- Enable continuous improvement of the data center infrastructure
- Implement processes to identify and mitigate information risks within the organization.
- Support third party managed services in monitoring the server infrastructure and end-user desktops and laptops and in managing the security of the network, systems, and enterprise information.
- Create IT procedures and practices for managing the end-user desktops and laptops including creating gold images and imaging checklists and managing admin passwords.
- Support desktop and laptops users with issues with software and hardware, application installs and licensing.
- Support the effort to deploy and manage an Active Directory/LDAP infrastructure company wide.
- Ensure best practices are created for effective problem resolution for high availability and performance.
- Produce rigorous solution design artifacts and documentation.
- 5+ year’s experience in IT in an infrastructure leadership position designing and architecting networks.
- Experience managing firewalls, routers, switches, load balances, and other network infrastructure.
- 5+ year’s experience with network and endpoint security solutions including NGFWs, IDS/IPS, Anti-Malware products.
- 5+ year’s experience implementing and automating server functions such as patching, building, deployment and provisioning systems.
- Development experience using various scripting and programming experience including but not limited to C, Shell and Python.
- Experience with server computer operations across multiple flavors of Linux operating systems as well as endpoint Mac OS and Windows systems.
- Experience with cloud technologies such as AWS or Azure.
- Experience with virtualization technologies such as VMware, Docker, etc.
- Experience with network monitoring and inventory tools and visualization and analytics software such as Nagios, Prometheus, Rack Monkey, Grafana, Kibana, etc.
- Supervisory experience over IT operations with strong team and people development skills.
- Experience with data storage and backup solutions.
- Direct experience developing, running, and maintaining IT operating procedures.
- Experience with Privileged Access Management systems such as directory/lLap.
- Experience with agile software development methodologies and practices such as Kanban and Scrum.
- Highly motivated individual with the ability to deliver in a fast-paced, self-directed environment.
- Strong project management and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and accomplish work in order of priority.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work well with a team and contribute to a collaborative atmosphere.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Engineering field or related degree.