The Media Trust Engineering team is looking for a Director of Product Engineering to join our technology leadership team to drive product delivery for our core products. This role will be responsible for managing and contributing to a team of highly motivated senior engineers who build and maintain an internet scale, cloud-based software solution. The qualified candidate will have experience managing teams, defining architecture direction, and diving into code when necessary. Product delivery in an Agile Scrum framework is essential for this role.
As an organization, we prize engineering professionals who are equipped with great technical skills and attitudes that motivate those around them. We seek a leader who brings a sense of ownership and is passionate about quality. We value individuals who are curious, demonstrate initiative, and love solving problems.
The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Know the customer, know the product, help the organization continually improve.
- Collaborate with Product Management on roadmap prioritization.
- Be a champion of the Agile Scrum framework and delivery process.
- Provide software architecture and design approach expertise that guide the evolution of the product suite.
- Lead and mentor a team of senior engineers leveraging leadership best practices.
- Balance the need for addressing technical debt while delivering impactful capabilities to the customer.
- Ensure software engineering best practices are established and followed.
- People management responsibilities like performance reviews, one-on-one coaching, goal setting & OKR’s, status reporting, et al.
- Work with peer organizations to improve internal processes and standards.
- This role reports directly to the Vice President of Engineering.
Our ideal candidate will have a unique blend of leadership and technical skills with a desire to grow and improve the Engineering organization. The candidate must have a strong combination of the following:
- 10+ years of experience developing software for mission-critical systems.
- 5+ years of experience managing a team of software engineers.
- 3+ years of experience delivering software in an Agile environment.
- Experience developing distributed systems that scale across geographies.
- Experience developing applications on AWS and other cloud technologies.
- Experience with both relational and no-SQL databases.
- In-depth understanding of web technologies, browsers and REST APIs.
- Written and verbal communication skills – able to clearly and succinctly describe complex issues.
- Experience in the digital advertising space (SSP, DSP, ad server, or audience data products) is preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, IT or related field (equivalent experience/training will be considered)