Location: McLean Virginia
We are seeking a detail-oriented developer at The Media Trust to join our engineering team. The ideal candidate will maintain our platform of web based, data managed products. They will develop, modify and implement software changes including integration tasks for in-house developed systems.
The responsibilities are diverse and include, but are not limited to:
- Be the in-house data expert and make recommendations regarding standards, quality and timeliness.
- Collect, manage, analyze and visualize large sets of data using multiple platforms.
- Build real-time data capture and transformation functionality across all products.
- Enhance data models and improve data query efficiency.
- Create complex data queries to facilitate ad hoc and exploratory analytics.
- Ensure data pipelines are scalable, repeatable, secure and can serve multiple users.
- Enable big data and batch/real-time analytical solutions that leverage emerging technologies.
- Develop standards and processes for integration projects and initiatives.
- Design, code, test and debug programs of varying levels of complexity.
- Provide guidance and assistance to technical and product team members.
- Conduct complex application problem identification and resolution.
- Knowledgeable of related infrastructure components and/or operating environment.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or similar degree.
- 3-4 years experience as a developer.
- 5 years experience as a data analyst with large data sets to extract actionable information.
- Expert level knowledge in Object Oriented Programming.
- Experience with technologies for developing in PHP a plus.
- Creative thinker that is always seeking ways to streamline and improve the status quo.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- A desire to work in a fast-paced, hands-on, changing environment.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a background check