At The Media Trust, the Billing Specialist will accurately and efficiently generate, edit, prepare and execute monthly pre-bills and subsequent invoices. Excellent communication and a high level of professional service to customers, management, and other staff are required in order to effectively, efficiently and successfully administer monthly billing, and research to respond to and resolve inquiries or discrepancies regarding billing related issues. Along with management and other functional area stakeholders, the Billing Specialist will take ownership of all steps in the billing process. The Billing Specialist must understand and demonstrate expertise in all facets of the electronic billing function.
- The responsibilities are diverse and include, but are not limited to:
- Compiles and bills services to customers every month based on company billing policies.
- Reviews and edits pre-bills in response to requests.
- Process write-offs following company policy.
- Maintain accurate customer contact database in accounting system.
- Review and verify accuracy of billing and supporting documentation as required.
- Research and respond to inquiries regarding billing issues in a timely manner.
- Create new billing formats as needed.
- Create billing schedules and various other billing analyses as required.
- Creates and prints final customer billing and distributes via uploads, e-mail and US mail.
- May assist in preparing documentation and responses for inquiries, credit checks, and audits.
- Assist in the collection efforts of outstanding invoices
- Maintains contact with management, staff, vendors and customers and observes confidentiality of customer and company matters.
- May perform a variety of other accounting and bookkeeping duties according to established policies and procedures and assists with reports and special projects as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field.
- 5 or more years hands-on billing experience in a professional service environment.
- Quickbooks accounting software experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office and Google Suite applications.
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with management, staff, and customers.
- Ability to handle a high volume of bills per month, +250.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Ability to execute complex bills in a timely manner.
- Ability to organize work flow and use time efficiently.
- Ability to show strong attention to detail.
- Ability to perform at high levels in a fast paced work environment.
- Ability to anticipate work needs and follow through with minimum direction, follow up on own initiative.